Gainsight Home - Personalizing this page will not receive rich text updates

Related products: CS Other Features

Hello Team,

When using a rich text widget, any changes to that field will not update for any user who has personalised that page, it remains a snapshot.  WE've noted that it's possible to correct by refreshing the admin view, but hoping to understand how to fix the issue.

Replicable Steps:

1. Go into Gainsight NXT, navigate to home.

2. Personalize Gainsight Home – I added a test Rich Text widget at the bottom and saved my page.

3. Note that the Gainsight Recent Updated is not underlined.

4. Go, as admin, into Gainsight Home, make a change and save. In this case I have underlined the Gainsight Recent Updates and published.

5. Go back to Gainsight Home under my profile and the prior section without the underline still shows. It does not update. Meaning that if anyone personalizes their Gainsight Home, unless they go in and restore the admin version, they will never see any updates we make to that page. Including our updates.

Hi @Adithya Kathi 

We added the ability to lock a widget. If admin locks the widget, CSM cannot personalize it and hence they always view “latest” updates

No StatusImplemented

Hi @rakesh @Adithya Kathi 

This post says “Implemented” but I don’t understand in what sense - the ability to lock widgets is still not possible on a Rich Text widget.

Hi @rakesh @Adithya Kathi 

This post says “Implemented” but I don’t understand in what sense - the ability to lock widgets is still not possible on a Rich Text widget.

@anirbandutta can this post be updated with the correct status, and can we get a progress update? While locking widgets has been implemented, that doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the actual request of this post e.g., rich text widgets are not lockable and to see the updates end-users will need to re-accept the admin version.