Question

Format for maintaining/documenting your org's Rules outside of Gainsight

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do any of you Admins document your rules outside of the Gainsight system? If so, do you have a sample document you'd be willing to share? It'd be helpful in terms of recommending possible enhancements to the rules engine, but also as a template for Admins who want to prepare for transitioning the Admin responsibilities to someone else at some point.

Thanks in advance!

7 replies

We track our rules in a google sheet - I'll send a sample to you. I'd share here but I don't see a way to add an attachment. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Same here. We use a google sheet also.  I will clean up (I'm overdue for a cleanup) and send your way.
Badge +1
We also use a spreadsheet that is color coded to denote which ones are active, in progress, have a dependency, or are suggestions from the team. I can send mine as well. 
Badge
Would you be able to send this to me too? That would be amazing! Let me know how I can get my contact info to you.
Badge
Would you also be able to send this to me too? I'd really appreciate it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Allie,

This template is modeled after the rule tracking docs that several of our customers are using. Please note, there's also an option now in Gainsight that allows you to export your configuration.
Badge
Thanks!!