Solved

Tabular reports in AO

Badge
Hello Team,

I read that email templates are not supporting the Tabular reports. Could you please let me know when this would be supported. 

Also, my use case is to be able to send an email to the DL with the list of records from MDA Object. If I do a query builder in the AO it would send one email per record which is not correct. 

Is there any other way?

Regards,

Jahnavi
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 27 August 2019, 04:47

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Jahnavi,

Sorry this wasn't addressed sooner. I've shared your questions with our support team to see if there's a way to do this with existing functionality. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jahnavi,

Are you looking for the table of data to be represented in the email body text itself or attached as a CSV or XLS format?

Also, have you considered using either our Share 360 or Dashboard Sharing functionality to put this report in the hands of the people who need the data? One major advantage of Sharing is that the data is LIVE, vs an emailed body text or attachment that would be stale data.
Badge
Hey Dan,

I am looking at data represented in the body itself and the limitation to share 360 is that end user would have to log into Gainsight and I am more looking towards an email with action item.

Jahnavi
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jahnavi, 

The Shared360 can be configured to be sent without a password, which wouldn't require anyone to log into Gainsight. The OTP (one time password) is an optional configuration (along with link expiration period).

See more info here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Customers_and_Relationships/Admin_Configuration/...
Badge
This would still require them to click and open the link. I am looking at more like inline details in the email
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jahnavi,

One thing to keep in mind is that tabular reports inserted as HTML text in the email body can appear misformed or with unexpected wrapping depending on the recipient's email client and settings. A small table with few columns and rows might be ok, but wider and longer tables just don't display well in most email clients. 
I have internal users requesting this functionality ALL the time.  The desire for scheduled reports with a CSV attachment of tabular data is a recurring theme across our user base.  I agree that displaying the data w/in the email has it's challenges, but being able to schedule tabular reports to send at some level of frequency seems like a relatively simple enhancement as the foundational pieces already exist and can be sent on demand today.  Is this being considered?
Hi Christine,

This is something which is work in progress. We will be shipping it in the next 2-3 months.

Thanks

Abhishek S
That's great news, thank you!
Badge
I understand your point but could we start this with like 10 rows and 5 columns or something like that
Badge
Hi Abhishek,

Has this been launched? I have not seen this ability available yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @jasminebondc - this functionality is available in the product now: https://support.gainsight.com/Journey_Orchestrator_and_Email/Programs/Programs%3A_Sharing_Reports