better ui for load to object

Related products: None

I sorted this out on my own, but it wasn't super apparent from the get-go what I was doing with the Load to Object UI. 

What is updating what here? When the results weren't what I expected, I have two choices: 

1. Keep trying until it's right, guessing and checking

2. Try to find the documentation

What I would love to see is some sort of verb that tells me what I'm doing. Like:

Update FIELD in the object with VALUE. It seems backwards the way it is now. 

I now know that I have to read this UI from right to left, select the field on the right that you want to update with this value on the left. 
Agreed.  I've just gotten used to the way it works, but yeah it's not super intuitive.  
Many "head desk" moments on this feature when we first starting using it.
I will agree that this does take a little getting used to.

Do you have any other applications that you feel did a very nice job with the UI when mapping data fields? Would love to see what everyone feels is the most "immediately intuitive" approach. 
I think the merge experience is closer, because I have actual words to guide me:

"Keep all records on the left/right, Retain all common records" are the best description of joins I have heard. 
Custom Field Mapping on Programs. You add a Custom Field, type in the label, and then select which data field from the participant source or sources.
Great suggestions so far. And it doesn't have to be a Gainsight only thing. If you have any other program or app that you use to do data mapping that you feel handles this very elegantly or intuitively, please share a screen cap. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". 🙂