Is it possible to set it up so all contacts from certain companies are CC’d on the email vs each contact receiving their own individual email?

• 6 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am working with a customer in which he has below query. Putting in customer’s words only to make it more clear. 

‘I researched around on the support site but couldn’t find an answer on this so wanted to see if this is a possibility. For Journey Orchestrator, when sending out emails, is it possible to set it up so all contacts from certain companies are CC’d on the email vs each contact receiving their own individual email?’

Is it possible, Any input will be highly appreciated.

4 replies

Hi,

Usually, how many contacts will each company have? and who needs to be the primary contact?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I am working with a customer in which he has below query. Putting in customer’s words only to make it more clear. 

‘I researched around on the support site but couldn’t find an answer on this so wanted to see if this is a possibility. For Journey Orchestrator, when sending out emails, is it possible to set it up so all contacts from certain companies are CC’d on the email vs each contact receiving their own individual email?’

Is it possible, Any input will be highly appreciated.

+1. This was a nice use case and interesting Imran.

One of the customers has asked related to this one. That is “Is there any way to dynamically populate the CC’d in the JO Programs like how we set the To list to Recipient Email Address

Screenshot:

@phani_kumar You can add the custom and calculated fields in the Email Copy. Is this what youa re asking?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi Nitisha.

The use case which I am trying to do with the CSV file. In my source file I have a “Recipient Email Address” to whom I have to send the Email. And in the same source file, I have another field called “CC Email Ids”.

So in the CC Email Ids field, I have multiple emails with a comma-separated. Now how can I use that field to dynamically populate the Email Copy To field

Example: Input file

Account ID Account Name Recipient Email Address CC Email Ids
100 XYZ xyz@xyz.com x@xyz.com,
y@xyz.com,
z@xyz.com
101 ABC abc@abc.com a@abc.com,
b@abc.com,
c@abc.com

Now, what are the steps that I have to do to dynamically populate the CC Email Ids field into the “Email Copy To” field.

I hope you got my use case.

Thanks.