Ability to add chart titles to the graphs in the reports

Related products: None

It would be great to be able to add the 'show me' fields as titles under the graphs in the reports. I compare two sets of data often and embed these graphs in the C360 and users do not have the ability to clearly look at what the data is unless they hover over it. It seems like an easy enough enhancement that would be very helpful when reporting multiple data points. 

I 100% agree. When getting into complex data analytics, It would be easier if we had the ability to add titles to the X and Y axis. I run into wanting to label show me or by field and not all have the option to configure alias. 

Surprised this hasn’t gained more traction over three years...thanks for resurfacing @darshana.shah I completely agree.

End Proctoring-

Adding another comment here to boost visibility. I agree this would be useful. @darshana.shah @gunjanm should the label inherit any display name editing done on show me fields, or should it allow editing but be independent?

@bradley I would say following suit of what happens in Rules Engine should be the standard across the board. i.e. if I’m looking at the Success Plan object and I grab the GSID, it’s called GSID. But if I do a lookup to the Company GSID, it defaults the label to Company GSID automatically, but still allows for me to override the friendly label. I believe this behaviour should be the mimicked everywhere (Report Builder, Data Designer, 360 Layouts...) as it should really be a single experience; not needing me to know or verify when I need to rename a field because the default in this part of the platform is completely different from the part I was just in. Data Designer is the one that always gets me...manually relabelling all of the GSIDs, and with “tab” not working well to navigate between the fields. Could be such a better experience. 

End Proctoring-

@bradley I would say following suit of what happens in Rules Engine should be the standard across the board. i.e. if I’m looking at the Success Plan object and I grab the GSID, it’s called GSID. But if I do a lookup to the Company GSID, it defaults the label to Company GSID automatically, but still allows for me to override the friendly label. I believe this behaviour should be the mimicked everywhere (Report Builder, Data Designer, 360 Layouts...) as it should really be a single experience; not needing me to know or verify when I need to rename a field because the default in this part of the platform is completely different from the part I was just in. Data Designer is the one that always gets me...manually relabelling all of the GSIDs, and with “tab” not working well to navigate between the fields. Could be such a better experience. 

End Proctoring-

That makes sense. I was curious if you think the label should be editable independent of how you’ve changed the show me field label. I think consistency though is super important throughout the product.

Hi All,

This is a great idea overall and I’d like for it to have some votes too. I’ll explore more on how we can solve it. That being said, would you be able to add an image or any inputs on what is enough? 

Thanks for the feedback on the fieldpath and names @gunjanm . CC: @srinivas_muthyam 

@bradley definitely needs to be editable but you’re right, consistency! 

End Proctoring-