Question

JO Participants crossed Max Drop Limit

• 13 February 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge +2

Posting on behalf of customer.

With the recent update (release 6.35) to Journey Orchestrator it now sends an email stating “JO Participants crossed Max Drop Limit” and provides some concern when nothing is really being impacted on those programs. 

Per the release notes this is done

• If the participants’ percentage count drops above the configured percentage count in Tenant Management, then the users are alerted through an email notification.
  • If the participants’ sync from the query builder exceeds the 500,000 participants limit, then the users are alerted through an email notification.

This email also only goes out to the creator of the program so what happens if that user leaves or has a position change, where will the email be sent to then?

Is it possible there can be any sort of implementation to customize or adjust this alert and who it is sent to? The current setup seems to cause a lot of confusion as to if there is an actual error with a program and we would benefit more if there was some adjustment made on what triggers it or simply some customization on our side of when we want to be alerted for this. 

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Specifically, when participants “fail” because they have already been emailed, it should not be logged as a failure.  It is an indication the uniqueness criteria is functioning properly.  It is duplicative to reduce the number of participants for this reason to avoid the unnecessary email alerts.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Right now these notifications are just noise for me. If there is a failure on the query running successfully, that’s important but participants not being added to the Program isn’t because it is almost always that they have already met uniqueness criteria (this should be excluded from calculations IMO) or because the email address is part of the bounce list. It would be most helpful to have a breakdown of participants failed due to an error (bad email format, etc.), participants on bounce list, participants on opt-out, and participants where the uniqueness criteria has been met.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Agree with @john_apple and @angela_domenichelli.  They are noise to me as well since we have quite a few programs that have failures on purpose.  Would love the ability to be able to either specify the programs I get the notification for or tell more specifically what type of alert I want to receive.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Created a couple posts on the new feature:

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

100% agree with all of the above. It’s just extra noise everyday to clean up from my inbox Some programs have configurations where the "failure” it’s actually expected.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@angela_domenichelli 100% on this. We do sometimes needs wider date windows to ensure an email is sent and these are not hard failures. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

According to support, this is not configurable:

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Created an idea for this alert to be configurable and referenced this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yes - as is this is not as helpful an email as I think it was originally expected to be. Not configurable, no apparent way to opt-out, really unclear what the call to action in the email is, if any. Also unclear what if anything will happen if no action is taken (spoiler, nothing, apparently).

This could be super useful but as @andreammelde has so adequately documented there are a few things that could use some changing so it isn’t just noise. Until then they’ll continue to be noise.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Received an update from support that feature is turned off right: