License management for viewer users

Related products: None

I recently inactivated an VIEW_GROUP user and noticed it remained in the VIEW_GROUP permission bundle. As we are a company splitting our Gainsight licenses over several entities, I'd like to keep a good overview of the licenses used by our entity. For fully licensed users, we use permission bundles by entity to keep the overview. For viewer users, the above behavior makes this a lot harder. It would be very useful if:

• I could remove users from the VIEW_GROUP
  • it would be possible to create multiple permission bundles within the VIEW_GROUP (1 bundle per entity so we can see how many licenses every entity consumes)

@Jef Vanlaer We don’t consider inactive users in counting of total licenses. Also, currently, we do not allow creation of multiple permission bundles for viewers. Let me know if you have any questions.

@soumitrasahu The fact that it is not possible today, is of course why I added it as a feature idea. We'd like to get a better overview of the licenses we are currently consuming. The suggestions in my message would help to get a better view on this (get rid of inactive users in the list + being able to split by entity)

@Jef Vanlaer Thank you so much for sharing this. We are working on some changes which may impact some of the requirements you have mentioned. We will see if the requirements remain the same once we have shipped these changes in upcoming quarters.

@Jef Vanlaer, Hi, we recently shipped some changes in the April release. Now, Inactive Users will not have any licenses assigned with them. Did it solve the problems you were facing?

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Release_Notes/2021_Current_Release_Notes/8_Gainsight_NXT_Release_Notes_6.23_April_2021

Hi @soumitrasahu 

The first point has definitely improved. Not having inactive users in the view group provides a much better overview. Recent changes to the user management have also improved the overview for the different entities as it's easier to filter on user attributes in the new user management screen.

@Jef Vanlaer Thank you so much, for confirming. Do let us know if you have any other feedback or problems you are facing.