Using survey links prevents you from creating follow-ups

• 13 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Not sure if this is more of a PSA or what but I figured I would post this as an idea to see if there was anything on the roadmap to be able to work around this.

Right now when you set up the survey links you are asked for an object and field to link to. So for example, we can create an outreach based on case and send out a CoPilot outreach using the case object in your power list.

After sending it out, it is not possible to send a follow-up email based on if someone didn't open the email because the survey linked object/field is not in the power list. This is because the new power list is built off email logs and not case.

Can there be a tooltip or something added in the properties when setting up a survey that explains this? Or is it even possible to get this compatible with follow-ups?

4 replies

Badge +3
We do have plans to make this more our of the box but there is an approach today to achieve this given the addition of the linked objects/fields:

(we can put this as a backlog item for Docs) 

Here is an example of how to do this with a Case object link (in this scenario cases were stored in MDA):

Four new fields to be created on MDA object that contains support cases:

1. Email Sent- Boolean Field
  2. Email Sent On- Date Field
  3. Survey Responded - Boolean Field
  4. Survey Responded on - Date Field
Once these fields are added please follow below steps

Create a survey with email service as Copilot and link MDA case object to this survey

Add this survey to Copilot email template

Create a powerlist on MDA case object, where case close >= Last 24 hours, set to refresh dailyIn email logs we will have two more column of data i.e. 1) Reference Object Name. 2) Reference Object's record Id.

In survey participant we will have one new column created on associated object and will contain case id of MDA Case object

Once a participant has received a survey, we can run rule on Email logs to populate column Email Sent in MDA case object as true

Once participant has completed the survey, we can take run a rule on Survey participant object and populate column Survey Responded in MDA case object as True

Now in order to follow up we can create another power list on MDA case object, where people have received survey email but not responded to it.

In Survey detailed response page, we will able to see Object name and record id to which response was tied to.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Denise, is there any sort of discussion going on about adding a tool tip or something in the survey setup that explains implications of using this?

In support we keep getting customers who don't know what the feature does/don't understand how it will affect them sending follow ups. 

Since most people send follow ups with email logs they can never send the survey again with this strategy and they aren't too happy about that.
Badge +3
For Spring Release planning, we have a big initiative on making this end-to-end survey process simpler.  Sending outreach and follow-ups in a OOB way.

For clarity, what do you mean by "they can never send the survey again with this strategy"?  In the example above, this is specific to a transactional type survey (where it would not make sense to send the survey again).  Are customers referring to not being able to use this strategy for say a "customer level" survey?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Denise, here is a ticket that should help explain this.

Here, the customer associated Project:ID to send a survey after a project closes. When the customer went to send a follow up it is not possible unless they build it off the original project object.

I understand the limitation but I don't think it is very well presented in the product when setting the survey up.