Custom Global Filter Descriptions

Related products: None

I would love to see a few upgrades to Global Filters (we use them A LOT!) but one in particular would be the ability to add comments/additional details to our Global Filters. Similar to how we can hover over a report name and see the description. We have a few more complex dashboards using global filters and there are occasionally nuances we’d like to be able to make our teams aware of...ie. does not apply to X report or filters on X field for reports A, B and C and X field for reports D, E and F. The data showing ‘Applied On’ that currently exists isn’t really helpful when we have 15+ reports since it is just a long list and no one is going to read them all to determine the 1-2 exceptions. A custom message/description would be much more beneficial.

Hi Katie,

Thanks for bringing this up. I agree we can do a bit more to make the purpose of a global filter more obvious. What do you think about having a visual indicator on the reports on which a global filter is applied when you hover on the global filter? I am thinking something like this.