Solved

Sending email outreach referencing object data to internal users referencing object not associated with object

• 27 June 2017
  • 6 replies

Background:

I currently have a series of outreaches that are sent to our internal sales reps when a Severity 1 and 2 (the highest and second highest) support case is opened for one of the accounts that they are listed as the "account owner"  Their managers also get one because we have an "account owner manager email" field I can reference. These are specific to only our inside sales group and only North America.

Specifically this email references the Case object and includes all of the pertinent case information as well as links to the account, case, customer email, internal case owner email, etc. The outreach is scheduled to run at the end of the day for any cases that were created that day and haven't been closed.

With this being successful, I have been asked to create a similar outreach email for 5 of our Senior VPs whenever a Severity 1 ticket is opened, except this time globally.

The challenge I have is that none of these VPs are an account owner for any accounts, and they're not with our sales hierarchy within SFDC.  I am struggling to find a way to access their email addresses for the outreach while still being able to reference case data to be included in the outreach.
icon

Best answer by dstokowski 30 June 2017, 03:13

View original

6 replies

Badge +3
Are they stored anywhere in SFDC?  If so, how would you determine which VP to notify?  
It would literally be sending the same email to all 5 of them always.  No logic on who gets what, only that they get any Sev 1's that are created on the run date globally.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Matthew,

In this case you can use the same logic, only make it less restrictive. You'd send the same email that references the Case object and include all the pertinent information and just exclude the filter on "account owner" or "account owner manager email". 
Maybe I'm beingdense but how would Gainsight know which emails to send to?  

Normally you'd have the email from the powerlist itself.  Since they don't own the accounts, I don't have an email field to reference for the powerlist.
Badge +3
Matthew - In your Sev 1 outreach, have you tried using the "Email copy to" option?  You could have the official "to" be the account owner and use Email Copy to that lists these 5 recipients.  Would that work for you use case?

I thought about that but, unfortunately not.  

I don't have a singular group that I otherwise run these for.  It's piecemeal by region.  If i add these 5 people to the existing outreaches I have, there is a strong likelyhood that they will get multiples of the same notification and will also have large gaps in visibility