Annual Business Review for clients with multiple assets...

• 23 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi all - new to the community and curious how other handle an Annual Business Review with a client that has multiple SAAS assets from your company.  I ask because our company’s clients could have up to 15 different SaaS solutions (all provided by us), that our CSMs need to include in an Annual Business Review.  We were pretty efficient with our processes before when we were only reviewing performance and goals for 2-3 assets but now - it is getting to be a bit much.  Anyone else out here have a similar issue that wouldn’t mind sharing some best practices or ideas related to this?

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@GMayFE Couple of ideas here:

1. Keep it to the products the customer cares the most about.
  2. Touch on each super high level, and then, include slides with more detailed data in an appendix so that the customer could review on their own if they wanted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Gene, welcome to the community! I’ve asked some colleagues to comment if they know of others that can share their experience here. 

1. I’ve seen companies aggregate assets/products to a level higher - like a product family or BU. Like Security product family that can cover 4 different assets/solutions. The Business Review can then stay focused at the family level which makes it more manageable
  2. If you’re sharing their healthscore in the Business Review, have a view into the healthscores by product. You can then guide the conversation for the ones that they care about and the ones you want to address.
  3. Share the usage statistics for all the products prior to the meeting and tell them you’ll only focus on Products X, Y and Z in the meeting unless they wanted to cover additional products
  4. Split the 60 min review into 3 or 4 sections - each chunk focused on a particular product or family. Especially true if you have a different buyer for each product or family

Our product portfolio has started to grow as well and have been having to include multiple products during our Executive Business Reviews which we run for 90 minutes. We do focus on our primary flagship product since that is the primary reason most of our customers have purchased Premium Support or have Enterprise Agreements. But we do also pull in key features for those customers that have more than one product from the others when we look at what is currently available or coming soon. 

But, other than talking about features, the entire meeting is open to all aspects of our organization. We even ask for feedback on our community forums and interaction with employees. Everything is on the table when looking at both pros and cons of our organization. 

All this does take time to prep however. I’d say I spend between 30-60 minutes on average preparing and building the slide deck for each EBR.

Hope this helps!

~Josh