Use survey responses as tokens/variant filters in Programs

Related products: None

I know this is a similar request to this post, but not quite the same. I'd like to be able to use the actual survey response as tokens (such as in Create CTA) and/or as Variant Filters for better Program Customization.

Right now, you can control Conditional Wait steps based on actual responses to certain types of questions - but that same data cannot be used anywhere else in the logic of the Program. If I can change the action in a conditional wait based on someone selecting A or B on a radio button question while anyone who selects C or D goes down a different path, I should be able to apply that same logic to variant filters in Send Email steps, or even better, as tokens within the Program (such as in a Create CTA comment).

I'm looking for this as well. I know that you can get these tokens/variants if you run a separate rule for a CTA or a separate program for an email so I've been able to kind of get what I want. It is definitely not elegant though and it has a time lapse that I don't want. If it were in the same survey program I could send a follow-up email immediately after the survey is responded to. Instead I have to put it in a separate program which only sends once a day. For us that's a lot of time on what are essentially hot leads potentially turning cold.

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been partially considered and included as part of v6.5 release. You can find the relevant information in our v6.5 Release Notes.

Due to this enhancement, the 'Survey 2.0 Design' article is updated.

Thanks for posting!

Rakesh I don’t think that release addresses this at all. That release allows for using tokens in surveys.

This request is to allow for survey responses to be used as tokens within the survey program - after responses have been received.

@sai_ram can you adjust the Partially Fixed classification? 

Also, any update? The ability to use survey questions in variant filters is crucial to delivering personalized messaging based on response efficiently.

@kelly We will look into the possibilities of enabling this feature. ETA not yet decided.

Can you please remove the partially fixed classification? This needs to remain as either a suggestion or acknowledged, not partially fixed.

Can you please remove the partially fixed classification? This needs to remain as either a suggestion or acknowledged, not partially fixed.

I’ve updated the status for better accuracy.

+1 on being able to use them as tokens in the Create CTA so I can put survey responses directly in the comments of the CTA. I’m only able to do this if I take the Create CTA step out of the program and bring it into Rules Engine, which feel very unnecessary and overly complicated. Would be great to see full functionality within the program itself.

+@richa_bala to this thread

+1 on this idea. I would like to take one of the survey responses and add it to an existing External API call that we’re making at the end of the Journey. Currently I think I’ll need to go the same route that @sarahmiracle mentions above and pull this out into a separate API call via Rules Engine, which I can then only execute once per day, rather than highlighting the response as the survey result comes in like we are able to with the other survey data.