Timeline Filters

Related products: CS Timeline

We use a “meeting type” field in our Timeline entries for various activities, such as Webinars, Proactive Outreaches, Tech Assists, etc..   

When a users creates an entry using Email to Timeline, the field must be set after the fact.

Users have requested a filter to be added to the Activity Timeline that would allow them to see only those timeline entries where the value is set to Null.   Additionally, there is a request to have a custom view to the Activity Timeline so that filters can be retained.

@jrosenbloomcs The capability to filter on custom fields and save them as a view will be available in Aug release

@nitisha_rathi Are there release notes for the August release? I cannot find them

@jrosenbloomcs The capability to filter on custom fields and save them as a view will be available in Aug release

Was this released ? I don’t see option to filter on custom fields.

We wanted to bring the best experience in Timeline and to solve for some of the pending issues, we are delaying the release. This functionality will be now available in Oct release.

Just saw the enhancements in the recent release @jrosenbloomcs 

They are coming along with some great enhancements in Cockpit ui.

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.18 release (SFDC / NXT). With this release, Timeline filter functionality includes quick options to filter by Activity Type and Date, as well as Advanced Filter options.

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!

Hi @nitisha_rathi - On the timeline advanced filters I don’t see every field of the timeline object (such as Milestone type). Will this be in a future release?

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been partially considered and included as part of the v6.23 release (SFDC / NXT). Advanced Filters for Timeline Activities now contain more operators for filter configuration. This enhancement gives users flexibility when filtering data and creating reports. It also makes timeline filters consistent with the filters in other product areas, such as Report Builder and Rules Engine. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC  & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!