Timeline entries in Cockpit

Related products: None

Hi Team,

User have requested to see all the timeline recods of an account through CTA timeline in the Cockpit page. Could you please have a look over this and see on this request.

I disagree with this. If they want to see ALL they should go to C360 or Global.

CTA Timeline should be strictly limited to those timeline activities related to this CTA...otherwise it just clutters up the view.

I agree with Lego Batman!

We are looking to provide an enhancement that will allow the toggling of the full view of all timeline activities throught the CTA timeline view. So best of both worlds depending on your preferences!

We fully support the option in development where CSM can toggle the view between account timeline and CTA timeline.

CTA Timeline should be strictly limited to those timeline activities related to this CTA...otherwise it just clutters up the view.

I will agree with the above one.  If we want to see all the TImeline Entries, better we should go to C360 Timeline or Global TImeline is the best one.

I will agree with the above one.  If we want to see all the TImeline Entries, better we should go to C360 Timeline or Global TImeline is the best one.

Better for who? ;)

Across Gainsight, when you try to access a feature inside another feature, we try to maintain the primary context. We try to maintain company context when a user tries to access timeline through C360. Same way, in cockpit, we maintain the CTA context when a user tries to access timeline through CTA. Hence, showing the entire timeline of a company inside CTA breaks that context. We feel that breaking the context is not something we want to do and hence will not be doing this. We won’t be going down the toggle path too since we expect a degradration in consumption experience with higher volumes of activities within the CTA window.

I will notify our team that they will not be getting this requested time savings and efficiency. By degradation in consumption experience do you mean you feel the cockpit performance will slow down due to loading more activity data?

Seems that this is the primary reason for saying no and not the context bit. As with a toggle the context bit would be fine...

@jochle  Thanks for your response. You are right. Cockpit performance will slow down due to loading more activity data and thereby affecting consumption experience. Toggle also will have the same issue. The performance doesn’t degrade when you just access data for that context. Given that we also want to maintain context as a product, we don’t want to go down this path. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience.

@jochle did you get a chance to view the comments posted by @sriram pasupathi? Please let us know if you need any help.

@jochle  Thanks for your response. You are right. Cockpit performance will slow down due to loading more activity data and thereby affecting consumption experience. Toggle also will have the same issue. The performance doesn’t degrade when you just access data for that context. Given that we also want to maintain context as a product, we don’t want to go down this path. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience.

@jochle did you get a chance to view the comments posted here