Test run a rule chain with a global filter

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

Not sure what the interest in this would be, but I would love to be able to set up a rule chain with the rules filtered in the way I would expect them to normally run.  But then I could test run the rule chain with a global filter that pushes down to all the rules in the chain, but only for that run.  This way I don't have to go into each rule and change the filters, run the rule chain, then go back in and undo the filter changes.

An example of this global filter would be an Account ID or a picklist value.
I understand how valuable this would be for a rules admin, but the metadata across the rules would have to match for this filter and bionic rules would have multiple fetch tasks which would get even more complicated.

Let me bounce this idea with the team and get back. We could start with a single rule where I can add a filter when I do a test run and that way need not add that filter and save the rule.
Sounds good Sundar!  Thanks for the reply.
This use case has come up in multiple large implementations - totally voting for it as well.

In my case, what we wanted more often than not was a filter for running the chain on a single test record - I'm assuming that temporarily storing the results of each rule run in 'test' mode so that data can be used by the next rule in the chain isn't feasible.

Often, though, either a test customer record gets set up, or a specific record is identified where the result of a successful rule chain run is already known - if we could add a filter so that it could be narrowed to that record and then run it, that would be a big help.

Would love to be involved in a brainstorming session on this if it gets taken up!