Email Task without Playbook

Related products: None

I was wondering if there is a way to create a CTA email task without adding a playbook to it. I don't see any option to associate an email to a task independently 
Unfortunately, an email assist has to be part of a playbook (as an individual task), and cannot be tied directly to the CTA itself. Hopefully this answers your question.
It does. Thanks for confirming, Rob!
It would be super useful if we added this functionality.
Thank you Cameron. Yes, being able to manually attach Email Assist tasks to CTAs is a feature our team would like to see Gainsight enable.
Hi All,

Thanks for sharing this. Is the ideal scenario being able to add an "email task" similar to how you can "add task" to a CTA?

If so, would you be using any tokens (placeholders/surveys) in the email templates? Today the admin maps what the tokens should get resolved. If the CSM manually creates an email task...should they be left unresolved?.
Hi Aditya, that would be our use-case: being able to manually add email assist Tasks to CTAs. We are using tokens in our email template that were mapped by our Admin. Our team should be able to review them, before sending the email.
Hi Aditya,

I think this would be a great functionality as well. It would provide improved user experience if we could both update CTA's with "email tasks" or update emails within the playbooks instead of recreating a playbook then reassigning them to the CTA.
Hi Alexa,

Today the token mapping is done within a playbook. So if we provide an option to add an "email task" and the CSM can choose an email template, then the tokens will not be resolved. (They will be more like placeholders & the CSM has to delete them and replace them with the appropriate values). Does that work?
Hi Jake,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Could you provide some more details on this "update emails within the playbooks instead of recreating a playbook" (is it the ability to update an email template and it should automatically reflect in all the CTAs where the playbook has been used?)
How come the token mapping, done through Email Assist, would not be retained within the email Task on the CTA?
I think it would be useful to add this as a feature independent of a CTA. My use case would be

As a user, I want to send an email to a customer account through Gainsight on an ad-hoc basis and and review read/click statistics on it."

The CSM's enjoy the read and click statistics on content they send to customers and this would also be a timesaver since we already require them to copy any paste emails into timeline.
I think that functionality already exists after digging in a little more. In order to update the email within a playbook, I would just need to create a new email template and assign it to the email task. Would that then update all the associated CTAs with that playbook?
@All, this looks like new feature request, so changing this to an idea post.