Rule Results should include the Action's in the Execution Logs

Related products: None

Hi.

In the Rule Execution History we have a option to download the Rule Results. But that downloaded file not cantaing the actions to see which records are passed in which action.

Screenshot:

Downloaded File:

So it is very helpful if we get seperate sheets for each action along with the Records which are passed. This helps a lot in the validation point of view.

Thanks.

Hi @phani_kumar ,

We cannot provide an excel with all the records everywhere. Imagine if there are large number of records generating this excel itself would take a lot of time - timing out some rules, etc. 

What we are planning of doing is provide a zip file with the pass and fail data from each action in the same zip file. 

Hi Rakesh.

I guess previously we have that facility where once we download that rule result, that file contains the Success records and Failed records per each action-wise.

Screenshots:

And once we open that attached sheet we can see extra tabs for each Action along with the reocrds which are passed in that action.

Screenshot:

So, if possible can we get the same format again. This would be more helpful for us to validate the results very quickly.

Thanks.

Thanks for bringing this up @phani_kumar. This drives me crazy because it seems like a step backward. All I want to be able to see is the individual tabs with each action like we used to be able to see (similar to Phani’s screenshot above). Now though, I seemingly have to download a separate CSV for each action. 

Take the following example: I’m trying to test a rule where I have four different actions for loading to company. When trying to analyze the results, I can download the final dataset before it gets loaded (in this case a merge dataset - see below), which has all the fields in my final dataset, but I don’t know the final rule results - i.e. which action actually took place.

When I do download the rule results, I have to download each individual action - resulting in 4 additional CSVs because I have 4 actions in the rule - and these CSVs only include what I’ve mapped in the action (in this case Account ID and two more fields). This is worthless and requires a ton of extra work involving a bunch of V-Lookups. I would love to simply be able to see a final dataset that has all the fields I included in my final dataset, PLUS the actions that are being applied to that data. Doesn’t seem like too much to ask.

I will just add on here that the issue becomes even more difficult when you have a lot of actions. For examples, we have a rule that fires a CTA based on product, and we have 10 products. To troubleshoot, I have to download 10 separate results files and put them into one to share with the business stakeholder for verification that the rule is working correctly. 

This is one of my top two challenges with Gainsight.  Between this and the GSID picklist issues that pervade every feature of the platform, it makes for a very painful support and troubleshooting experience.