Stop multiple browser tabs opening?

Related products: None

New browser tabs are being opened when selecting options. Is there a way to prevent this and keep all information contained in a single browser window?
Hi Paul,

Could you please help me to understand this better? Please provide the navigation path of the application area that you are referring it to. Also, please attach the screenshot of the screen.
Hi Sai, 

I am a new user to the software so excuse the lack of correct terminology. 

However it appears that everything I click opens a new browser window! By the end of checking some accounts I have around 10+ windows open. 

Some examples are: 

1. Searching and opening a new account = new browser window 

2. Opening relationship portal from account page = new browser window

Ideally I would like everything contained within a single browser window, is this possible? 

Many colleagues who have used the software and are assigned multiple accounts get frustrated as there is so many forced browser tabs open its difficult to find relevant information. 

Cant provide screens due to sensitive information... Is there any way to stop multiple tabs opening and work out of a single browser window?

System: Windows 10, Google Chrome 
Hi Paul, There was a ask for opening every customer in new tab instead of loading on same tab. here is the link to that post. 

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/open-360-in-new-tab-when-clicking-on-customer-name-...

However recently lot of people to have asked for opening in same tab. I had some discussions with our product manager (Sidhu) on this. 

We've almost decided to open in same windows and always users can open in new tab by holding "control & click"  or  "right click > open in new tab" 

I will keep you posted here on what we finally decide and when it will be available. 

Thanks 
Hi Paul, I am changing this to an Idea post. I Will get back to you once this is added to our road map.
Would love to see this implemented.  Our CSMs are irritated that everything is a new tab, just another hurdle for adoption here. 
any update on this?  I am getting asked by CSMs to have the option to open a new tab vs opening in existing tab
Yes, any update on this issue? It was a usability concern raised by our CSMs in our pilot. 

This feature needs to considered. Gainsight is supposed to make me more productive and the constant window opening makes a really messy browser experience and is actually making me slower. PLEASE address this!

This feature needs to considered. Gainsight is supposed to make me more productive and the constant window opening makes a really messy browser experience and is actually making me slower. PLEASE address this!

@dsarnowski There was a ask for opening every customer in new tab instead of loading on same tab. We did this based on multiple customers interest. 

We need more number of likes to change the functionality. 

@All, please up-vote to show your interest.

Hello - there are multiple threads in your community on this topic. The GS community manager suggested using a pop up blocker from google chrome to prevent this as a workaround. I have not seen any users post that this was a successful outcome. Can you please verify?

Hi @brentwilson - this is one of those binary decisions that will always have people on both sides that prefer different things but which unfortunately has to be coded to behave in a specific way. In this case the design decision was investigated and found that the majority of users preferred the current approach of opening new C360 pages in new tabs. That might change in the future but as of right now there are no plans to change this behavior. 

@dan_ahrens thanks for the response. I understand the current design by GS leaves people on both sides of the fence, I get that. 

I was asking if anyone has successfully used the Chrome Extension you have recommended in other posts and if it impacts any other functionality, etc. 

This would be great to have it stop opening additional tabs. Its really frustrating and takes more time having to constantly close windows down and makes me not use the platform. I understand from reading the above comments that it was requested to do this but could it not be changed to a setting where we can choose if we want it to open a new tab or not, that way it pleases both sides