Reports 2.0: Need the ability to adjust the lcoation of legend on a Pie chart

Related products: None

On a Pie Chart, the legend is way too far away from the chart.

Need the

ability to adjust the location of the Legend.
We export images for use in presentations, and these exports take up a lot of real estate on the slide because of how far away the chart is from the legend.   It looks very unprofessional.

Also, is there a way to adjust the size of the graph when exporting?  A bar chart is too wide and the font so small it's not easy to see on a presentation.

Hi Jeff,

Reg pie chart, we divide the available width in the ratio 70:30(70% for the chart and 30% for the legend). Chart is centre aligned and legend is left aligned in its given area. Hence the legend appears to be far away from chart. If you're viewing the pie chart in a container with 50% width, you wouldn't feel that the legend is far away from the chart. That said, we will see how we can improve on the current display.

Reg graph exports, we need to check if our current export library supports these changes. Will get back to you on this.

Thanks,

Sumesh   
The export part is the main concern.  I'm fine with how it works on the C360 display, but if I need to export an image for a presentation, I lose precious real estate when the graph and legend are so distant (in the Pie Chart) and the bar chart is so wide...not to mention it just looks odd.

I’m looking forward to this functionality. Having the ability to position the legends would allow better utilization of these graphs when used in a dashboard.

I would also request to get an option to hide legends.

@bhavik.shah sorry for the inconvenience, we have added this to our road-map. I will update you here once we consider this for release. 

Thanks for bringing this up!

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics. Gainsight has now enhanced the Chart Editor settings in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!