Re-order milestones and remove unwanted types

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

The administration for configuring Milestones is pretty frustrating.  In particular, the display order is so rigid.  It would be great to be able to re-order the milestones with the arrows and drag-and-drop that you have in other areas, instead of needing to go into each one and select a number.

Also, I don't use all of the pre-built milestone types and would like to be able to remove or hide some of them that the system doesn't allow to edit.  Please make this more flexible.
Agreed. I have the same problem with CTA statuses too. It's definitely cumbersome to change the numbering.
+ 1  Thanks for posting Nicole & for commenting, Heather.  I've had other Gainsight customers that I'm working with express the same sentiment.  

I think as your business processes become even more detailed & robust (potentially supporting multiple different teams within your org) that these types of admin capabilities would make a big difference in helping maintain Gainsight more easily and keeping a 'cleaner' instance for your users.  
Hi,

Thanks for the post. I absolutely agree with you that we need to improve the usability of display order. We are planning to make progress on this in upcoming releases. You will see improvements like ability to drag-drop, sort alphabetically, etc. in cockpit configuration in Fall release and we will take up milestones soon too.

Nicole - we will look into making pre-built milestone types more flexible.

Thanks,

Nitisha
I agree with making the pre-built milestones more flexible.  At a minimum, we should be able to deactivate them.  Ideally we could rename them, disable them, etc.

I know this is an old request, but with the recent UI changes (v6.34), including updates to Milestones, we are still unable to rearrange/resort the Milestone Types, which makes for an unnecessarily messy list of Milestone Types for users to sort through when creating these activities. While the initial OOTB milestones are displayed in alphabetical order, the added types are displayed based on creation date. With no means to rearrange these, it is and tedious and inefficient for users to sort through the disorganized list of milestone types. 

@Molly.McQ I use the Active flag to remove unnecessary milestone types from the list for end users. I agree with you that re-ordering would be useful, but this is also helpful to keep that list clean.

Thank you, @Sarahmiracle! The Active flag is very helpful. Unfortunately, our primary issue is the disorganized nature of the display lists due to our inability to resort and have these changes preserved downstream. I’m hoping this is something that will be addressed in an upcoming release. 🤞🏼

This is spot on, and a usability issue.  Similar to us having to use 1-Green, 2-Yellow, and 3-Red to maintain our own order of oppressions in Health scoring reports in the past because of Alpha sort only. We admins have to think about our end users - product managers should think like Admins end users. :)