Ordering of Field Values in Report Builder

Related products: None

I love the new Custom Colors option in report builder. I think its a big step forward!

It would be stellar if we could also select a custom ordering for field values (eg select the order they'd be displayed in a stacked column or on the X-axis). For example, we have a field with values "Green", "Lime", "Yellow", "Orange", and "Red". I'd love if I could customize the ordering of field values so they actually appear in that order in a stacked column. Currently, they display as G/L/O/R/Y

I have a similar example for our customer segments. I'd love to be able to display the field values in a High tough to low touch progression, instead of a scattered progression based on the alphabetical order.
Love this suggestion - big +1 on this one!
P.S. Good idea, and I agree seems like a logical extension of custom colors for values. Thanks for positive feedback on that.
I have a customer who is reporting that due to sorting numerical values are going.... 1, 10, 2, 3, 4...... Giving the ability to change the legend order would solve this problem. 
I'm one of the customers with this issue. Dragging to reorder would be a good solution, or having more sort options at all would help. In this particular case it's actually the Answer Name column on a Gainsight survey dataspace so it's i think a text field with numbers in it. I think a nice solution to resolve this specific case might be the ability to pull in the answer scoring value as the sorted field and display the answer name on the graph, but that would not work for most use cases.
Hi Steve,

We have already taken alphabetical ordering of legends into consideration for17'Winter release. Will update here about the custom order at a later point in time.

Thanks,

Tharuni.
Any update on this one?
Shipped this feature as part of Winter release. Now legends should display in alphabetical order.

FYI, If legend having first character  as a number or alphabet, first legends with number as first character will be sorted and then followed by legends having alphabet as first character.
Hi,

I have a customer having the same issue as Steve did. Ordering of Numbers( scores from NPS Survey). In case we are treating them as a String it would defeat the purpose of Ordering. Kindly consider treating Ordering of Fields with Number type. Thanks.

I am encountering this issue presently. The ordering of numbers does not appear to be taken into account and this is problematic when utilizing the report visualizations.

Would still be great to be able to manuall reorder, either on a report or dashboard. . For example, I am creating Scorecard reports. I wold like to be able to re-order the report to mimic the scorecard and its component measures to help avoid confusion among users

Would really like to have the ability to set a custom order for some fields, for example stages. We have had to a) b) c) etc in front of them so they show on the charts in logical order but this looks ugly elsewhere (e.g. 360). 

Would also love to reorder Red/Green/Amber on a Scorecard Habits stacked column report to Red/Amber/Green. Additionally, the example on stages above also applies to us.

Hi All,

One question: 

Typically when you want this custom ordering, is this order present elsewhere? Example: Picklist(Dropdown) values or with scorecards (scores), etc.

@rakesh For the scorecard use cases, the order would be based on the scorecard settings, as the labels correspond to the numeric ranges.

It seems like picklists support (re-)ordering of items, so honouring the order of the picklist items could help in specific cases as well.

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC & NXT versions. Admins can now use Custom Color option to change colors for specific field values under a source object..

Thanks for posting!