Option to update mapped field values during journey in Programs

Related products: None

We use this functionality for drip campaigns and need more flexibility as these campgains can continue for long periods of time. From example, we need the ability to update certain fields during the course of the journey, e.g., CSM name if the client is transitioned to a new CSM.

Hi Amy,

This is current functionality: "When the outreach is sent, the token values are fetched dynamically. In order to tokenize fields, they must first be added under "Select list fields" in the Power List setup step."

More info here: https://support.gainsight.com/Journey_Orchestrator_and_Email/Standard_Outreaches/04_Create_and_Execute_CoPilot_Outreaches_(aka%2C_schedule_emails)

When responding to my Support request you provided this was not part of Programs because the field was mapped.

If I'm mistating, please review our correspondence and correct the characterization so that that this is tagged as a feature request. Thank you!

Hi Amy, are you referring to a support ticket that you have opened with Gainsight support? If so, you'll want to continue the conversation on that ticket, as our support platform is not directly linked to community. Let us know if we can help further on community though.

I understand they aren't linked. I'm telling you I received a different response from your Support team - what I need can't be done - which contradicts your feedback. I would like to submit a feature request for my use case. I've reached out to my CSM to clarify since you don't seem to understand what I need. Hopefully she will be able to submit this feedback. Thank you.

@abhishek_sivaraman can you provide your expertise here, please?

I think I understand this scenario. You have a Program where a token is mapped to CSM name. When the query sync happens, whoever is the current CSM will be mapped to that token.

If you have additional email steps, the token will continue to use the value that was captured in the initial query sync for that participant.

If the CSM name changes on the account record, the value in the Program will not update to the current value - so additional emails will continue to be sent from and signed by the old CSM (for example).

I have encountered this countless times. To have a value updated on an active participant record would be enhancement and would be of interest to our org.

Most recently, we had a scenario where renewal owners were being changed on renewals that were part of an active Program. To reduce confusion, we need to add a Conditional Wait step to check to see if the renewal owner changed, and if true the would be placed on an alternative email path that did not use the tokenized fields.

What would have been better, would have been able use current data for token fields rather than data that was pulled at the initial participant query sync. Or use a Calculated Field value in a Token.

Exactly John. Thank you for clarifying for me.

Actually, just found out, you can use Calculated Fields as Tokens in the email message. Just not in the email header fields (From Email, From Name, etc.):

https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/programs-designate-participant-fields-to-be-updated-if-changed-eg-csm-5cd06e42e4b0e18d6eded18f

This is a need not just for tokens but the actual logic of a program, we should be able to use conditional waits to look at live data, not what came in through a query or participant list.

Yep - Conditional Waits can use a Calculated Field to look at live data and then you just need to set the logic in the Conditional Wait.