Option to change type in Timeline

Related products: CS Timeline

I often take notes in the Timeline in anticipation of my next conversation with a customer. Most often I will do that as a "meeting" but sometimes I start as an update and that converts to a meeting. I would love the ability to change the the type of message from one type to another. 
Thanks for the post, Heather.

Each activity type can have a very different form layout and that is why we have restricted the ability to change the activity type. But I also understand your use-case, few other customers have also pointed out the same thing.

We will look into the possibilities of enabling this feature.

Thanks,

Nitisha
+1 for this feature request! Our CSMs have also asked if this could be an option in the future. 
+1 would be helpful to edit activity type in addition to text/attendees. Thanks!
+1

Sometimes the type gets set mistakingly (accidentally hit meeting instead of call, etc) and it would be great to be able to change it to the correct type without having to copy and paste everything into a new activity.
+1 on this request

our internal teams are looking to modify the activity type within timeline, as  these "to-dos"  tie back to work that is already categorized, like an escalation.  By having consistency across these to-do's back to the broader activity type, we may have the opportunity to better quantify the work being completed by CSMs.
Great request! Our CSMs run into this a lot and would really love the ability to change the type if the wrong type is selected inadvertently.

Nitisha, since layouts do vary, would it be possible to just keep what's entered in the available fields if the same field is also available in the newly selected type?
This is a request we would like to see as well as we are using Timeline more frequently.  Our CSM's are realizing that they may want to re categorize their timeline activities.

+1 feature request, por favor! It would be great to have this option for organizational purposes AND reporting purposes (i.e. use "calls" for internal" meetings, and "meetings" for client-facing meetings)

+1 for this - especially valuable for improving accuracy of reporting.

+1, this is a must have

+1 - this was brought up during our GS focus groups. Definitely a must-have, please and thank you :)

+100 - can I vote that many times? 🙂 Our team would also really appreciate having this ability. I like @pele’s suggestion below, maybe coupled with a warning message that some data could be lost if the type is changed. This would allow the user to make a conscious decision and save any important details before making the change.

@nitisha_rathi “Nitisha, since layouts do vary, would it be possible to just keep what's entered in the available fields if the same field is also available in the newly selected type?”