Native Dial-out function from Gainsight?

Related products: None

Hey all, 

I’m new to Gainsight administration and have a pain point to solve for our CS teams.

We’ve recently transitioned a lot of our work from Hubspot to Gainsight, however the team are sorely missing Hubspot’s feature that allows dialling a phone number from their browser.

That functionality is very useful as it provides efficiency gains, it automatically records call time for accurate reporting  (and actual voice recordings) and means we can avoid having to supply and maintain work mobiles for employees (and they don’t have to look after them either!).

I believe Hubspot use Twilio

Are there any plans for GainsightNXT to offer a similar functionality, pehaps with Amazon Connect or similar?

It’s currently not possible to do this in Gainsight. Not sure if there are plans but this should be a product enhancement request. 

It’s currently not possible to do this in Gainsight. Not sure if there are plans but this should be a product enhancement request. 

@Christina P true, as @jean.nairon said this is not possible on Gainsight and there are no feature plans to do it. 

Thanks, I think this already is now categorised as a FR/idea, however no plans to do it. 

Are there any alternatives that you can suggest perhaps?

This can’t be the first time it’s been requested?  :grimacing::sweat_smile:

I can see from this article that there is a “Click to Call” via RingCentral feature? But it doesn’t have a lot of information. 

Do we need to have Salesforce as our CRM in order to use this in Gainsight? 

Are there other APIs that we can use that is not a native call feature in Gainsight, as an alternative?
Any suggestions or ideas would be welcomed. 

The current pain point is that our CSMs have to dial out from a mobile phone, complete the call and then log the call in Timeline, having to enter “subject, duration, contact person (external attendees) and then leave the notes”. 

The duration is probably the biggest pain point, as the CSM will need to go back to the call history and check the duration and enter in. 

The reason why the duration is important for us is because we want to be able to report on the types of calls CSMs are spending time on. 

So the above is my use case. Look forward to hearing back. 

I haven’t built a solution like this before but I have a couple thoughts that might help.

Are you using Salesforce as your CRM? There are some click-to-call apps integrated with Salesforce including RingCentral, DialPad, RingDNA. The CSM would need to go to the contact record in Salesforce to do it. The data on the call that you suggested above would be in Salesforce though and not in Gainsight. I would recommend checking with those apps to see what they provide Salesforce and then potentially using a rule to load it to a timeline activity. 

Some of these apps also provide a chrome extension that allows you to click on any number on any website and call them. I’m not sure if this would work with a phone number on the contact record in Gainsight, but I would expect it does. It likely just won’t auto-populate a timeline activity because there’s no integration to Gainsight. However, you might be able to easily grab the details like call duration in the chrome extension and then copy/paste it into Gainsight. 

Here’s a couple examples: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dialpad/hfbikaejeiilikhlldnfbecpkbicmndn?hl=en

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/talkdesk-click-to-call-ex/adjgicoimjhccdcjgepkmigomegpjplg?hl=en

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ringcentral-for-google/fddhonoimfhgiopglkiokmofecgdiedb?hl=en

We are not using Salesforce. I understand RingCentral only works with Salesforce but not if you only use Gainsight. 

This is the biggest concern the team has as we drive adoption from SF to GS NXT. We are using the Mitel plug-in for SF and it allows for the functionality like Cheri described above: click-to-dial, automatic duration tracking, etc.