More rule failure notification options (i.e. Partial Success) in Rules Engine

Related products: None

Hi team

It would be great if we could have more control over failure notifications in Rules Engine for both rules and rule chains.

The options for Connector jobs where you can select from Success, Failure or Partial Success in any combination is better than the Success/Fail choice in Rules Engine.

We use Gainsight failure notifications to trigger helpdesk tickets, so it’s preferable for us to only have this happening when they’re actually needed. More control over when failure emails are triggered would help with this.

Thanks very much!

While I think partial success/failure is included in the “failed notification” for rules, things should match between areas. 

You’re definitely right about the partial failures. I’d value the separation of the two — so that I know when things fail and when they really fail 

+1!

Right now I’m receiving emails for both Partial Success and Failures in the Rules Engine after entering my email into the “On Failure” box. I just want to receive notifications for certain rules that flat out fail. Is this possible? Thanks!

Hi All, 

It is in our roadmap to make sure Rules notification also matches what we have in connectors. We are looking to do this post Rules Horizonization coming this quarter. 

While on the topic, I do hear some additional usecases on notification suppressions like - if the number of records in this SFDC fetch is 0, do not send a notification and stop the rule, etc. Can you share any such usecases that you have?