Make Column Width in Rules Engine Sticky

Related products: None

The new Horizon UI for Rules Engine cuts off the rule names. In order to see them, I have to change the column width, but it doesn’t stick so every time I navigate away and back I have to readjust. If it can be made either sticky or dynamic to fit the rule name this would be better.

@kcsp sorry for the inconvenience, we will check and get back to you.

Can we PLEASE fix this ASAP.  Please.  @anirbandutta 

Can we PLEASE fix this ASAP.  Please.  @anirbandutta 

Ok I wish I had that power, but I can certainly add @rakesh to take a look

Hi @darkknight @kcsp 

This was fixed and shipped months ago. We missed updating the status on this community post. I’ve changed that too

@rakesh hmm then there may be some sort of glitch with it. I watch @zach_davis refresh/reload rules engine several times yesterday and the widened rule name kept collapsing back to where you only see part of the name.

@zach_davis may you add a screengrab here?

CC @rakesh 

When I edit a rule, it launches a new tab and when I come back to the tab from which I launched the edit, the column widths revert back.

FIRST METHOD

1. Widen Rule Name column to show entire rule name

2. Click on rule name to show preview

3. Click Edit. (new tab opens)

4. Go back to original tab.

5. Close summary.

6. The Rule Name column is back to original width.

SECOND METHOD

1. Widen Rule Name column to show entire rule name

2. Click three dots to right of rule name and click Edit Rule. (new tab opens)

3. Go back to original tab.

4. The Rule Name column is back to original width.

@rakesh  what is the average rule name length across enterprise customers?  I have to believe it’s more than 28 characters. The Rules Engine should default to a much wider rule name column than 28 characters.  

FYI @anirbandutta 

@rakesh my experience is also less ideal - I’ve found that if I navigate to another tab or switch windows the width snaps back. Even if all I do is resize and go to another tab, once I’m back the resize is gone :/

@rakesh my experience is also less ideal - I’ve found that if I navigate to another tab or switch windows the width snaps back. Even if all I do is resize and go to another tab, once I’m back the resize is gone :/

Dang bro - I didn’t even catch that. You’re exactly right!  

You don't even have to edit the rule. just widen the columns, go to another tab, come back to the original tab and the columns reverted...🤦🏻

Yeah, this is definitely not “fixed.” If I adjust the column length, it snaps back to the default width the second I preview any rule in the list.

Definitely looks like a bug. Thank you all for reporting.

I have raised a support request about this cc @vaishali_rawat 

Definitely looks like a bug. Thank you all for reporting.

I have raised a support request about this cc @vaishali_rawat 

I have an open ticket with this exact thing (185398) and support confirmed it was a bug. I was told at the beginning of last week that a fix would be deployed “early this week” but no update or fix yet.

HI All,

The above issue has been fixed at the custom rules and could see this is still an issue for the real time rules. Our engineering is working on a fix to be pushed in upcoming patches. Will update this thread here once I get any feedback from the team.

HI All,

The above issue has been fixed at the custom rules and could see this is still an issue for the real time rules. Our engineering is working on a fix to be pushed in upcoming patches. Will update this thread here once I get any feedback from the team.

@anirbandutta per my ticket mentioned above, the issue with real time rules is evidently “working as designed” and will not be changed. Can this post be changed to “partially fixed”? Or should I make an entirely new post for the exact same thing for real time rules?

Hi Everyone,

As per our engineering team feedback, The column width issue with respect to rule edit in real time rules is expected, Since we are not holding the state preservation in case of real time rules.

@rakesh can you please review this once and let us know if we need to create a new community post in case of a real time rule or is there any challenge on why this is an expected.