Idea: Enable Searching of Folder Names

Related products: None

This originally came up with respect to Dashboard folders, but it should be applicable wherever there is a folder organization structure.

Yes there is a search, and you are able to find reports if you more or less know the name, and if you are clever about your report titles you can reverse engineer the folder name it is in. However, I would like the ability to be able to search just the folder and sub-folder names.

The use case here is you have a large volume of reports, and a nested organizational structure, it would be helpful to be able to search the folder names. Alternately, if, when using the current search folder names that meet your criteria show up as seperate line items.

@bradley thanks for raising your query here. This request we have addressed in reporting revamp. If you want to upgrade please contact your COM. 

@sai_ram Wait, you’re telling me the revamp is already available? :nerd:

@sai_ram Wait, you’re telling me the revamp is already available? :nerd:

@bradley Yes, reporting revamp is already available. You can talk to your COM for more details. Thanks!!

Hi @bradley 

The new horizon reporting is available as a parallel beta with limited customers. So this will be available in addition to existing reporting. We will start rolling it out as GA from March phase-wise. As Sai said you can reach out to your COM for any requests or details.

@rakesh Got it - well I’m happy to get in and help Beta it and as soon as I hear back from someone I’ll ask about it. Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC and NXT versions. Admins can now search for the required Folder in Horizon Analytics Report Builder (SFDC/NXT) and Dashboard Builder (SFDC/NXT).

Thanks for posting!