Email to Timeline uses a different user profile

Related products: None

I noticed that when our CSMs log emails to Timeline it creates the activity under a different profile then when they log activity manually or from a CTA. I assume this is because the user they use for manual activities or from CTAs is actually separate from the user coming from their Person record.

It would be nice if they could sync. When I look at Timeline Activity, I can see two different users creating activities that are the same CSM - one the logged in user and one from the Email to Timeline address. I'm not sure if this shows up on reports differently but would be curious to know in case we need to reference CSM activity in the future.

+1, we've set up reports on CSM usage of Timeline to identify super users and areas for improvement. It would really help if these were synced and not split out.

This came up in support the other day. Would be nice to see if the user sending the email to timeline has a SFDC user id entry within user management, it uses their SFDC picture.

John, great call out. I also have to note that we are sync'ing Users object so even if we try to change say the CSM email, it will overwite later. This could be a problem when you configure users to use this feature.

The example is we acquired a company with email domain xyz.com but they use the new company email as their primary abc.com (the former email is forwarded to here), so their SFDC profile shows an old email whereas we want it to use the new email so it will get picked up by this feature.

@nitisha_rathi - do you have any suggestions on this question?

Any updates to this issue?