Creating Opportunity from C360, based on Contact

Related products: CS 360 Company & Relationships

I have a customer who must create Opportunities from the Contact object. They are using Linked Objects and have Contact + Opportunity linked to CTAs, and they are able to create a new Opportunity via the CTA.

They are also showing an Opportunity section within the C360. They cannot, however, create new Opportunities from the C360. If they try to do so (via the ADD button), they get an error stating that the Opportunity must be created from the Contact object.

Is there any solution for creating Opportunities from the C360 in this case?
Hi Dillion,

This is not a standard error and I am guessing that it is caused because of a custom validation rule when we redirect to the Salesforce add opportunity page without appropriate parameters.

If they are able to create opportunity via CTA details view, then it is mostly because it is our own layout and UI and not the Salesforce UI. It might have nothing to do with the linked contact on the CTA.

While in R360 we have an option to add records using a Gainsight layout, this feature is not yet available in C360 and all add/edit operations on a related list would take you to the Salesforce UI. 

Would you be able to confirm if my assumption on the custom validation rule is correct? 
Hi Sidhu - Yes, your assumption is spot-on.

It would be great to be able to add records via Gainsight layout on the C360. Is this on the roadmap?
Yes, It is definitely on our Roadmap. While it not in plan for the next 3 months, it is not too far out either. 

Another followup question. Would there also be a need to auto-populate a Contact or throw an error when no Contact is selected?