Change task layout based on CTA type

Related products: None

It is currently possible to update the layout of CTAs based on CTA type, and it's also possible to update the layout for tasks to display custom fields, however it is not possible to specify different layouts depending on the CTA Type the task is applied to. It would be a great improvement to be able to define a task layout based on CTA Type.

Use case: I have a customer who would like to have a Success Criteria field on Objective tasks only, so that they can document success criteria at both the Objective and Task level. This is not possible without adding a Success Criteria field to ALL tasks. Our work around is to add the Success Criteria in a dedicated section of the Task layout (titled: For Success Plan Tasks Only), however this is not an optimal solution; it is confusing for new employee adoption, and may become an issue if they add GS licenses for other groups.

I have a similar use case where we would like to create a layout specific to Success Plans. In addition, we would like the ability to configure the sections in the layout to be “shareable with persons” (or not) for a Task that is Linked to an objective.

@Robert_DeLaO Let me know if this understanding is correct - you would like ability to create “task” types with different layout and assign it to a success plan type. So different success plans have different task layouts. Also you would like the ability to choose what fields in the tasks layout can be shared with external person. Could you also help me with your use case for this requirement. 

@Anil Raj Pujari this is correct. This use is so that we internal fields like tracking hours, configuration notes, and other internal items can be tracked and not sharedbut our external customer can still view and see the progress on the steps in the success plan. 

@Robert_DeLaO 

Thank you for explaining the use case. We will follow this threads for more upvotes so as to evaluate it for upcoming roadmaps

Our team has run across two similar use cases in the last week where multiple Task layouts would be beneficial/provide a better end-user experience. 

The single task layout is currently leaving us unable to hide fields related to Risk CTAs on other CTA types, including Success Plan Objectives and new CTA types being brought in during a migration.  

Resurfacing this idea for consideration.