Can we add a link or tag on surveys?

• 8 January 2016
  • 5 replies

We are using Copilot to automatically email a survey to customers when support tickets are closed. The email template includes a tag to display the support ticket number. However, when reviewing survey responses, we cannot see the support ticket number. Is there a way to include the support ticket number on the survey itself?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
This is not possible right now. Will bounce this of with my team to get some ideas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We are trying to tackle something similar now.  Want to be able to associate a CSAT survey with a support case.
Having the exact same challenge. It would be great to get a hidden form field, or otherwise be able to retain the case number that triggered the outbound survey to run reports against. 
Apologies for jumping onto an old trail - We just ran into this challenge at the 11th hour prior to deploying.

For transactional surveys (particularly with a support 'case-closed' situation) - it is important to know which closed case triggered the survey so that you have the context of the case when reading the survey response. A 'How To' vs a 'Bug - my system is down' ticket will likely have a significant impact on how the respondent answers the survey and should be something that is kept in mind in any closed loop action taken on the response.

Eventually we would like to actually metric part of our support team's bonus on this survey output, but if I can't associate the case, I can't associate the support agent that worked with the customer and so can only compensate the team on an overall score, instead of one that is specific to them.

This is really disappointing and more than a little frustrating. Maybe yet another reason to move all of my surveying out of Gainsight and into a 3rd party survey tool specifically built with survey best practices in mind?

Sundar : if you have any new thoughts on this, I'd be very interested to hear.

Steve or Jeff : If you came up with any workarounds, could you share?

Thanks!
Hi Andy,

I am Praneet, Product Manager for Surveys at Gainsight. My team is currently working on Survey closed feedback loop, where it has following features.

In Survey you will be allowed to associate SFDC/MDA object, lets consider case object. After associating this object, when this survey to email template in order to use in a outreach that has power list built on case object. It will ask to map token field for survey i.e. sfdc record id.

Now once the survey is responded this field will be added to participant record and will display in survey detailed response page also it will be added to email logs.

If we want to display case related details in CTA, we need to link object in CTA layout and configure fields that are required to show up in CTA.

Now when a CTA is created it will start displaying Case related fields that have been configured as part of layout.

This particular feature is slated for Fall/November release of Gainsight, please let me know if you think the above solution will solve your use case of closed loop.