bulk delete persons

Related products: None

hello

is there a way to delete several contacts from the Person section in customer 360? currently we need to delete one by one

thanks

ariela

Hi Ariela,

We don't have a way to delete Person records in bulk just yet but we're working on it. We expect to have this available in the near term.

Thanks,

Kunal

Hi @kunal_bhat ,

Is there any update here? As we are beginning to sync all of our contacts from SFDC to the Company Person, we need a way to programatically delete them from Gainsight as they are removed from Salesforce.

Hi @jeremy_curry,

This is still being worked on. What we're working on is to ensure that a Person is deleted, everything is cleaned up correctly, i.e. all other applications that work off of Person handle this deletion gracefully.

Could you let me know when do you typically delete Contacts in Salesforce? Are these because you're cleaning up duplicate/bad data or is it because someone is no longer a contact, which might be more of a use case to mark the contact as Inactive?

Thanks,

Kunal

Hi @kunal_bhat ,

Both of those scenarios have happened. We had encountered a bug that was causing our product to create duplicate contacts so there was a large de-dupe project undertaken in SFDC and thankfully at the time, we had not began using the Person Object. But when something like this does happen, it would clearly need to be reflected in the Gainsight side as well.

As for the second scenario of deleting old contacts, you mentioned marking them inactive. Are you referring to making a custom field on the person object to flag them as inactive? If so, I have a follow-up question: How would you then prevent "Inactive" records from showing in the Person section of the C360? I don't currently see anyway to put filters in place for that section to prevent showing 10s of inactive contacts.

This would also be super helpful for our org as well!

The ability to bulk delete Person records will be available in the Data Operations page with our August release next week!

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of v6.5 release. You can find the relevant information in our v6.5 Release Notes.

Thanks for posting!