Accept that a Space is a character

Related products: None

Currently, you’re not able to do something like Field_Name does not contain space (just the space character, not the word). You will get an error like ‘invalid input’ or “comparison value is not provided”. 

You should be able to use any operator and it should accept that a space character is as valid an input as a letter or number. This is true for filters, case fields, whatever. Please and thank you.

Yes, please! Great call out.

Hi @bradley

Thanks for sharing this. Can you please share a use case where ‘field name’ instead of ‘display name’ is used by the end user?

Thanks,

Bhawya

Hi @bradley

Thanks for sharing this. Can you please share a use case where ‘field name’ instead of ‘display name’ is used by the end user?

Thanks,

Bhawya

Sorry, I don’t understand your question. I’m talking about case fields here and comparison logic. This has nothing to do with end users looking at fields. I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing here @Bhawya 

Example: I have a URL field called Website. I want a case field that says something like “If ‘Website” contains a space character, the output is False. If there is no space character, the output is True”.

Hi @bradley

Thanks,

Bhawya

Sorry, I don’t understand your question. I’m talking about case fields here and comparison logic. This has nothing to do with end users looking at fields. I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing here @Bhawya 

Example: I have a URL field called Website. I want a case field that says something like “If ‘Website” contains a space character, the output is False. If there is no space character, the output is True”.

@Bhawya did this answer your question?

@vritant FYI

@anirbandutta , @vritant or @Bhawya any response to this? Thanks!