Sponsor Tracking Beyond Accounts

Related products: None

Had a good meeting with one of our customers today where it was obvious they loved Sponsor tracking.

They did, however, bring up a very interesting idea that I'd love to make sure we're thinking about as we expand our idea of "person" related to Gainsight and can answer in the future as a best practice.

How can they track a sponsor after they've left a company? This will likely be more common in global customers vs. US based, but the example was a HUGE champion of theirs was taking some time off and left their current company. They wanted to know where she went next but did not know where or when she would.

They were trying to find a way to track her without confusing many of their existing workflows and crowding their C360 ("tier 2 tracking"?). Maybe the quick answer is flagging them as former employee but still tracking them on the previous customer?

**When can we expect to include Boolean or picklist type fields on the Sponsor tracking card?

Looking for any other thoughts and general feedback!

Thanks,
Like the idea Devin - makes total sense and is part of the value of a Person 360 view.  Knowing where you champions (or detractors) are and tracking them over time.
Agree. We need to keep this use case in mind for Person360. Sponsor Tracking currently works only on SFDC contacts. 
Hi Devin,

We are working on a new Company-Person section in C360 where you can view and manage (add/edit/delete) all the external people. Eventually the sponsor tracking feature would work in this section.

Questions for you:

When a person is tracked in sponsor tracking, the CTA / Notification will be tied to an account and assigned to an owner (CSM). In the case you mentioned where the tracking is required even if the sponsor has the left the company, who would own this change and do the necessary action required? Where would the customer like to see the changes happening to the Sponsor.. is it still in the context of sponsor's previous company? 
Honestly, I don't feel like I have a good answer here yet. Maybe something we could open up publicly to the community for feedback?

As we expand the idea of person in Gainsight I think assigning ownership at the contact level will be more important and would help solve half of this question. (ie. Who is responsible for making sure we engage the executive sponsor on a regular cadence?)

I think some of our extremely advanced customers have started doing this already through contact mapping.
Thanks Devin! I will post this on community externally to get more inputs.