SF Connectors: Do not auto-run job if job already running

Related products: None

If a previous set of SF Connector jobs is still running when it’s time for the next scheduled run, the jobs should not start until the previous run has finished.  

This applies to both runs that were manually or auto-scheduled.

I’ve had auto-run jobs run too long, and then the next job starts running simultaneously.  And suddenly you have more than one of the same job running.

Also, sometimes in order to populate data for a newly created field, you need to run SF connectors for ‘all records’ which can take quite a long time.

I’ve run into situations where I’m inbetween scheduled updates for the Company sync job, for example, and I need to run a full Company sync.  So I launch it, but it runs so long that the scheduled Company sync job starts running too.

In this case, I am forced to manually disable the regular schedule, run the full sync job, then reschedule the jobs to run recurrently.

Would be great if the jobs were smart enough not to run until a prior set has completed.

I also had to set my Company sync jobs to every 2 hours instead of every hour because they would run longer than an hour, resulting in multiple jobs running simultaneously.

@darkknight We’re working on a series of performance enhancements (some of which are already in place) so that in most cases jobs shouldn’t take more than an hour to complete at all. We’re also looking to potentially prioritize manual executions over scheduled runs.