header
Response from Customer

Filter by Fiscal Quarter in Rules Engine

Userlevel 4
  • Gainsight Rookie
  • 8 replies
We would like the ability to filter by fiscal date within the Rules Engine Setup Rule. We have some rules that power MDA and reporting that report only on current FQ. Each new quarter, we have to manually adjust the dates to the current quarter, so this will become unscalable once our number of rules grow.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Hey Pat - Are you looking for options like FQ and FY that you see in report builder when your source object is from SFDC?
Userlevel 5
That is what I am looking for, I need to show opportunity amounts by quarter and feed that into an MDA table. I can't find a way to have the quarter roll over automatically so I am manually updating dates.
Userlevel 4
That's correct. We need the ability to filter by FQ and FY in the Rules Engine like in report builder.
Userlevel 7
I feel like this all fits together right? https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/rule-date-filters-to-match-the-reports-2-0-filters
Userlevel 5
Absolutely. I've voted for your idea as well!
Userlevel 7
Badge
We just need to see 1st and last day of Current, Previous, and Next Quarter, just like we have for month and week, right?
Userlevel 7
Badge
This has to be a really quick fix. I'm happy to beg if it helps!!!
Userlevel 5
Formula functions:
FirstDayOfCurrentWeek(), FirstDayOfCurrentMonth(), FirstDayOfCurrentQuarter(), LastDayOfCurrentWeek(), LastDayOfCurrentMonth(), LastDayOfCurrentQuarter() are now available in the transformation task of Bionic Rules. These functions can take Rule date or any date as input.

Apart from these, there are few other date functions that were introduced in fall release. Let me know if this helps. 
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hey Jitin -- to use those I would need to query data for the current year (using the existing filter option); transform that result, adding the start and end of the current quarter as new columns using the formula above; and then transform it again, using those new field values as the filter criteria. It's doable, but not as simple as picking "Current Quarter" from a drop-down filter would be!
Userlevel 5
Badge

+1 for calendar quarters as well!