Stand alone text in surveys

Related products: None

Is it possible to have stand alone text (such as respondent instructions) within a survey? I'm not currently seeing a way to put instructions between questions without tying it to a question.

If that's not currently possible, it is something I would love to see as an enhancement.

@piyushmadhukar

Hi Megan, Thanks for posting! could you please brief the use-case for better understanding.

Hello. Sometimes you need to prompt customers on how to answer questions or what to think about prior to a set of questions and don't want to put instructions at each question (especially how surveys are set up now where everything runs on 1 line...).

One example (though I run across a need for this in many of my surveys) is something like this:

For the next few questions, we’d like you to think about the various touchpoints you have with Hitachi Vantara. We’d like to understand the areas you think we are doing well as well as the areas in which you think we should focus improvement efforts.

You may leave any question blank if you do not think they are areas of excellence or areas in need of improvement, or if you do not have experience with those touchpoints.

It would be great to input stand-alone text seperate from a question. This is pretty standard in market research.

@megan_germann, We have added it to our roadmap. We will be providing rich text editing capabilities in the section body.

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.16 release. With this release, in the Survey Design tab, users can add text in the Section Content separately, and apply Rich Text Editing as required. As a Survey Designer, if you want to call out information or instructions with special formatting for the survey participants, this enhanced Section construct is available.  

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!