Question

Including Contacts in sync from Timeline activity to SF Task?

• 1 December 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge
I'm working on configuring the sync from Calls logged in the Timeline to tasks in SF, and I can't find a way to include the External Attendees -> Contact in the sync.  Is is this on the roadmap?  

Since there's no reporting on the Timeline yet, the ability to log a call there is pretty useless without the ability to sync back WHO the call included.   

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks for posting, Leanne. This is definitely on the roadmap. We have discussed syncing attendee/recipient information to (1) the Name/Who field in SF Activities, and (2) additionally including as part of the note/comments.

By default, you can only associate a single Contact to an SF Activity, and that's where #2 could come handy. Is it the same in your instance of SF, or have you turned the following feature on that allows associating up to 50 Contacts? 

Badge
Thanks Manu!

I would want the External Attendee to sync to the "Name" field on the tasks in SF to match up with other records.  I'll have to check on how our SF instance is configured, but I'm assuming it's set to the default.  I'd be ok with either just syncing the first External Attendee selected, or having 2 fields on the Timeline activity - one for "Primary" attendee that would sync to the Name field, and one for any additional attendees.  
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks, Leanne. Makes sense to sync all Contacts if that feature is enabled. If not, just the first in that list.

Regarding appending these to comments (#2), we already do that when we sync Email Assist tasks to SF, so could be extended to Activities, too. How do you feel about also including internal attendees? There can only be one Owner and it might be important context to know who else participated internally.
Badge
Hi Manu, 

We've generally included internal attendees in the note or comment if needed, so I'd be ok with the sync somehow appending the list of internal attendees onto the note/comment. In fact, I'd prefer that to having to create new fields on the SF activity to sync to.
Badge

Any update on this?