Admin Training Corner Series - Reports and Dashboards

• 9 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello Admins!

With Valentines Day approaching, can you share something you love about Gainsight? 💝

One of the features I love is Reports and Dashboards!  This is where we get to showcase all the beautiful things we do with Gainsight and share them with the rest of the organization.  

When planning the layout of a dashboard, you want to think about the person who will be using it and what they need to see.  What metrics does this user care about the most?  What activities do they need visibility to?  What actions can they expect to derive from their dashboard? By looking thru the eyes of the user, we can better plan what reports are needed and how best to layout the dashboard.  When we are finished, the dashboard should tell a story. 

Do you have a dashboard you’ve designed that you love? Please share a little about a dashboard you’ve created or used that you love.

If you’re looking for ideas on how to design a dashboard for your users, you can check out Sightline Vault for some ideas or you can find more ideas on Gainsight Community!

Happy Valentine’s Day my friends!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I love Journey Orchestrator.  We have really been able to leverage it to help scale for our teams with larger numbers of customers, communicate EOL actions, and gather details via surveys for different projects. Love the ability to tie in CTAs to help with follow up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I love the C/R360. When users are new to Gainsight, it’s usually their favorite page to visit, and my Gainsight360 stats back that up.

CSMs tend to say, “Wow, finally I have the information I need in one place. It’s built with me in mind, instead of Salesforce or a BI tool where I have to hunt for all my customer’s information.” CSMs and their leaders love pulling up a C/R360 together, because they have an immediate common view of the customer, which lets them immediately strategize rather than spending cycles clarifying data they each might have compiled.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I love query builder / rules engine / data designer: aka. the new rules engine/DD hybrid.

This kind of chaos makes me happy in my job.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

+1 To the comment above! 
Being able to mix and match all kind of sources to get a dataset that will add value/automation/insights in the other end it’s priceless.  My notepad is full of those flows: What problem do I want to solve? Is the data already captured somewhere? Where? If not, where can I harvest it and how? What kind of transformations/formulas do I need? Can I recycle/revamp something that has already been built?
In the end it's just a big fun puzzle to solve 😍