Key Items in the Q4 Release

• 11 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi everyone! I’m Jake Ellis, Gainsight’s Principal Product Evangelist. Ahead of our upcoming Q4 Release, I wanted to provide some high-level detail around product updates and targeted beta programs for the near future. 

Gainsight’s next release will be live in orgs on: 

• January 28 (EU NXT)  

• February 4 (US NXT)  

• February 7 (SFDC) 

While we are targeting the below items for release, they are still forward-looking and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause a feature to shift to a later release date.

Q4 Release Prep:

While we're starting to enable our internal teams, I also wanted to share some assets with you that will allow your you to learn more details about the upcoming release features:  

• Q4 Release Overview Deck - For you visual learners, here are the key feature details, links to Admin & User Guides as well as feature demo videos where available. 

• High-Level NXT Release Summary - Summary list of all features targeted for release; includes a listing of features categorized by automatic upgrade or manual admin upgrade.

A few items of note:

• SFDC Bi-Directional Real-Time Sync  

• Real-time sync between core entities of Gainsight (Company, People, Cases) and Salesforce

• Will require manual deployment by admins

• Horizonized Rules Engine

• A more intuitive and enriched visual experience that makes is easier for an Admin to build and understand rules.

• This feature will be available with a beta tag as of the Q4 Release date

• Aggregated Formula Field in Report Builder

• Adding 3 new formulas (Sum, Average & Count) in Report Builder at field/column level to give users more flexibility to mold data to their specific needs and provide a more accurate view of business metrics

• JO Emails in Timeline 

• Ability to automatically log emails sent from Journey Orchestrator as Timeline activities; OOTB Activity Type for these is Automated Program

• CSQL: Send to Salesforce as an Opportunity  

• Ability to send leads created in Gainsight to Salesforce as an Opportunity

• Will be available via Feb 20th Patch Release

Key Feature Deployment Type:

• Automatic updates that do not require admin configuration:

• Customer Goals - Ability Create CTAs & Success Plans within Goals

• These are functionality enhancements to the existing Customer Goals feature. 

• Simplified Login Experience in Mobile/Zoom/Plugins

• Aggregated Formula Field in Report Builder

• Product Requests - In-App & Email Notifications

• These are functionality enhancements to the existing Product Requests feature. 

• Updates that will require admin configuration:

• SFDC Bi-Directional Real-Time Sync 

• Manual Person Merge 

• Admin Ability to Delete CSQLs

• JO Emails in Timeline

• Renewal Center - OOTB Account Based Forecasting

• CSQL - Send to SFDC as Opportunities

Upcoming Beta Programs:

• JO Advanced Programs 

• Run even more advanced customer lifecycle automation while simplifying the admin experience

• If you’re interested in being part of this beta, please reach out to your CSM! 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for sharing this @jake_ellis 🙌🏼
Very helpful!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Jake,

On Feb 11, GS will be releasing email template folders in GS Assist for Outlook.  In the release notes it says.

• Folder Structure for Templates: Enables users to organize email templates in folders. This provides the ability to find the required template easily.

This makes it sound like the user creates their own folder structure.  Is that accurate?  Or will the user see the folder structure the admin has set up in the Email Template builder?

Thanks,

Rhonda

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@rho_ran_experian It would be the same folder structure which admin has setup in Email Template section.

Basically GS Assist is just pulling the templates (with respective folders) from Email Template section. This is similar to the behaviour which user sees in Email Assist (Send Email through Cockpit)

cc @jake_ellis 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@ssamarth thanks for the clarification.  That is exactly the behavior I was expecting and wanting.  I’ve set up folders in anticipation of the new functionality to make things easier for my users.