Solved

Conditions in Mapping Participant Sources

• 1 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, folks. I hope this finds you well.

I have a J.O. Program that sends out a survey e-mail but it’s failing to fetch some participants due to the sender e-mail field being null. I have another e-mail field that could be used in case the one that is being currently used is null, but I don’t know whether it’s possible to create some kind of condition as a if/else clause.

That way, if the data from the sender e-mail field is null, use the other field.

Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by matthew_lind 1 November 2023, 22:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Manoel ,

While you cannot configure an IF/THEN type scenario on the mapping screen you’ve pictured, you could fashion an IF/THEN scenario if you’re pulling your Participants by query.

I’m thinking somewhat high-level here, but in theory you could build your query and include a CASE statement therein, so that IF you have an email address in a certain field, THEN use it, and IF you don’t THEN fall back to some other field.

With that IF/THEN logic built into your query, you then would have a final dataset that always included a sending email address in a designated field. You can map that sending email address into your Digital Journey Program, and have less risk of skipping Participants.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for that insight @matthew_lind !

I will try and follow those steps on a brand new J.O. Program to see how it behaves and then apply it to the actual one.

I appreciate your help once again.