Allow MDA Data Reporting against object containing lookup relation to 3rd sub-level

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Currently, Gainsight only allows reporting off the second level of lookup ID (when set up properly of course). This works fine when you need to report directly off something like:

“Company » CSM » Manager » Name”

This works because the Manager lookup is on the 2nd sub-level. The issues arise once you start trying aggregate reporting off Success Plan data. The scenario above now becomes:

“Success Plan » Company » CSM » Manager » Name”

This won’t work because the manager lookup is on the 3rd sub-level. This matters for our organization because we heavily leverage Success Plan data for contractual deliverables, renewals, and escalations. The only workaround I’ve come across currently is leveraging a rule to pull in the Manager lookup ID from the User table to fill in the limitations in the reporting. Doing so is not only tedious, but requires me to write to a whole new table to report what’s already living in another area. 

I think you’ll find some sympathizers, and some fellow up-voters, here at this thread: