Question

Conditional wait isn't working - Workaround

• 19 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone!

I have an issue with one program. The conditional waiter when someone clicks a link isn’t working. The issue has been escalated to Gainsight Support but I need a workaround to make a program work. Basically I would need a workaround that allows the recipient to click on the link to continue on the journey, the conditional was set up was “Link Clicked for Send Email 1A”. 

Since this is bug, do you know about any other workaround?

Appreciate your help!

Thank you!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Melany I don’t think there’s a workaround in the existing program.  Wonder if you could use a calculated field to do the check instead.

You could also create another program and grab the participants from your existing program, and then, filter for link clicked there.

@heather_hansen Thanks for replying!

I added a calculated field for the 2nd conditional which is:

Field Name: When Clicked Link 1AB

AO Link Clicked Analytics

Show me: Linkclickedcount

Filters:

1. AO Link Click Advanced Outreach: {Advance Outreach ID}
  2. URL {URL}

But it still doesn’t work. What my team and I don’t want to do is duplicating the program since the analytics will be split and our data team will have to work twice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Melany I think you’ll need to use the AO Participants object so you can match up for the particular participant.  Looks like there’s a Last Email Link clicked in that object that should do the trick.  So, your filters would look something like:

Show Me: Count of Last Email Link Clicked

FIlters:

• Advanced Outreach ID = your outreach
  • GSID = Participant ID
  • Last Email Link Clicked = Your Link

Then, you’ll want that to be 1 for the person to continue on the link clicked path.

@heather_hansen  Hi Heather! Thank you so much. 

I tried your workaround but unfortunately the link clicked isn’t being recognized by GS. The click performance works in analytics but in the conditional itself isn’t working. 

By any chance do you about any other workaround? Appreciate it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Melany Not that I know of. You could try adding a Wait Timer after the Conditional Wait the way you have it and see if that does anything?  Other than that, I don’t think you can work around it without creating a new program.

@heather_hansen Yes, I tried adding the wait timer and I got the same result. 

Got it. Thank you Heather. Quick question, is there a way I can see who clicked the link? To upload the participants in the 2nd program. 

In analytics, I can only see the click performance but not who clicked it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Melany you can see that in the AO Participants object, so you’d just want to grab the ID of the program, and then, look for Last Link Clicked I think.