Showing Child Account Data on R360

Related products: None

For HPE, they would like to see Child Account data rolled up to the R360.

I see two ways to achieve this:

1. Allow for a checkbox on the R360 sections to allow the end user to rollup this data like we have on the c360.

2. Allow for some way to change the account lookup on a section by section basis in the R360 config. Right now, we rely on the linked object setup in the relationship configuration and cannot customize it on a report by report basis. If we were to change this in the linked object setup for a certain object to solve for reporting, this will break the rule setup which we don't want to rollup. 

Do we have any plans to support this in the near future? HPE is a use case where the relationships are account level, just have different teams use different relationship types, so this rollup is as important as it would be at c360 level.
Could you explain this use case in more detail?  I don't entirely follow what you are trying to do. 
When you are on the R360 within an account, HPE wants to have the 'show all data from children' checkbox that can optionally show all the rolled up data in reports.

My #2 is what I see as a possible way to achieve that now, but there are other effects if we were to change the linked object configuration for the relationship type.
Right.  I just want to make sure I have an image of what they are trying to really do.  Can you give a specific example?    I am not sure that this would always even make sense.  
Gotcha. All of the relationship for HPE are actually at the account level, the types just act as different views/processes for different teams. 

One of the teams (CAM) want to be able to be on an R360 say for an account called T-Systems. There are 22 children to that account in SFDC. They would like the option to see all child data (take case or opportunity for example) on that R360 for those children. The checkbox on C360 is great because if there are alot of children, showing all rolled up data by default can be overwhelming. But the checkbox allows for turning on and off. 
OK.  So they are presenting literally all Opps or Cases for the account in the R360, not filtered in any way?  Also, are they always operating at the global ultimate or do they really need things to be the descendent accounts based on where they are in the account hierarchy?  
Hey Karl,

Yes that is correct - all the data is account level, no filters. In general, they will work at the global level so they'd want the option to see everything below that account. There are some corner cases where different people could be assigned to different accounts within the hierarchy for larger accounts.