Question

Help. Enable ' Recurring Event ' Function for Already Created CTA Types.

• 18 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I found this post -https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/enable-recurring-ctas-for-other-cta-types-not-just-...

However, the CTA Types were already created without this feature being enabled.  So, how do I enable this feature for already created CTA Types?  I can't seem to figure it out :/

Thank you for your time!

6 replies

Badge +1
We had this same question and were told that it wasn't possible. Seems like it should be doable as the need may not be clear until after end users begin using the CTA. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi Samantha, I hope it can be done.  I came in as the admin - after items were setup.  And found a few of our CSMs have been using the wrong Type/Reason in order to have the Recurring Event option.

It wouldn't be so bad if we had the ability to change CTA Types/Reasons - similar to Mass Edit.  But able to change Types and associated reasons.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Update: I emailed Support regarding this and there is a way, however - it has to go through L2 Support.  Just email (or open a Support Ticket) with the CTA Type that you would like to have this enabled on.  They also mentioned that it will not affect any historical or existing CTA's.

I hope this helps! 🙂
Thanks for sharing this Sagan & Samantha. Will add this to the roadmpap. Do you see this need happening quite often? 
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi Aditya!  As the software gets built out more, I could see us wanting to go back and update other CTA Types to have the recurring feature.  Or, if we forget to set that option at the time of creating the CTA Type.  But being able to submit the request to Support and have them enable for us, is a good work around for me. :)  Support was awesome!!
Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@dan_ahrens - It would be great if there is a way to edit the ability to add the ‘recurring event’ functionality to an existing CTA type.  Like the author here, I came into the action after the implementation was done. It would be great if we could enable or disable the ‘recurring’ functionality as needed.  

For now I will email support.

Cheers,

DB