Question

[Gainsight NXT] Unable to paste text in rich text fields after the recent UI push

• 20 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I’ve noticed this weird issue after the recent upgrade to Gainsight NXT

I’m unable to paste any plain text from the clipboard to the rich-text fields in Gainsight NXT. 

It will allow me to paste any pre-formatted text but does not allow “Paste as plain text” or Paste any text copied from a notepad (i.e. plain-text format)

Also a Ctrl+Z does not work to Undo any activity within the rich-text box.

What changed? how can this be fixed?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@sai_ram - this might be a bug in the latest release.

Badge

It sure looks like it. I’ve logged a support ticket. Let’s see what they find.

Badge

@sai_ram  Just to summarize, there are four observations related to rich-text boxes here:

1. Unable to paste (Ctrl+V) plain-text from clipboard to rich-text fields
  2. Unable to paste pre-formatted text from clipboard to rich-text field as plain text using “Paste as plain text” option (or Ctrl+Shift+V)
  3. Unable to undo using Ctrl+Z
  4. In case of multiple lines of text - When I place the cursor before the first character on line 2 and hit a backspace - it does not make the text on line 2 move to the end of line 1. Instead, it results in selection of the all the text on line 1.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@sai_ram  Just to summarize, there are four observations related to rich-text boxes here:

1. Unable to paste (Ctrl+V) plain-text from clipboard to rich-text fields
  2. Unable to paste pre-formatted text from clipboard to rich-text field as plain text using “Paste as plain text” option (or Ctrl+Shift+V)
  3. Unable to undo using Ctrl+Z
  4. In case of multiple lines of text - When I place the cursor before the first character on line 2 and hit a backspace - it does not make the text on line 2 move to the end of line 1. Instead, it results in selection of the all the text on line 1.

@bhavik.shah Thanks for sharing your observations. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@bhavik.shah Hope you are doing great. I recently started going through all of the unanswered or unresolved problems and questions here. Was checking to see if this has been resolved or if it is an ongoing issue? Please let us know if you need any help here.