Question

Company Data on Survey Analytics

• 12 January 2023
  • 2 replies

When running a survey in Gainsight, are we able to capture point-in-time data when the survey is taken (rather than seeing the data as it is at the time analytics are viewed)?

For example, we have an Implementation team that does all our implementations. They are not assigned an account long-term, but only for the implementation. In 6 months, if I run a analytics for a CSAT survey that was taken today, I’d like the analytics to reflect the Implementation team member that was assigned at the time the survey was responded to, not the Implementation team member that is assigned when I run analytics.

Is this possible?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

If you use a token within the question for the Implementation team member’s name that will be populated in the flattened survey table so you can view responses and associated team member at the time the survey was responded to.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

If you use Journey Orchestrator - you could also add a custom mapping for the Implementation Team Member and that would be stored in the AO Custom Mappings table. You wouldn’t actually have to use the custom mapping in the email template but it would be stored. There would need to be a little bit more processing to merge this data with actual response data - which Data Designer would be useful for.