Report Widget Level Slicers

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

It would be great if there was the ability to add report level slicers to cut down on the number of reports that would need to be created in order to show different views.

Example: We have two products that have different health scoring that currently requires us to create two different reports. If there was the ability to consolidate into one report where a user can decide to toggle between products to view the scoring information it would save on duplicative reports that need to be maintained as well as UI real estate.

Love this idea as I find the slicing capabilities limiting in what is possible with dashboard design. Here are a few other thoughts based on reports I’ve created in other systems (PowerBI & Sisense):

• These slicers could be widgets that live on a dashboard canvas, allowing report designers to add slicers near the widgets that they effect.
  • This behavior would allow a slicer to be assigned to either a single or multiple reports within a dashboard, but not effect the entire dashboard itself, allowing for more effective, overall dashboards.. rather than the need to create multiple dashboards to accomplish the same thing; it would make them more efficient and usable by end users and easier to drive up the reporting adoption and usage.

I’d like to see similar functionality of a slicer widget for GS Home. This would allow for the creation of a usage/adoption report that could be sliced to quickly move between a CSMs customers and get and clear understanding of their detailed adoption in one place in home.

Additional context:  It takes multiple clicks for a user to access the report filters, and requires them to understand which field(s) to use to update report. Ideally, Admins can configure a filter/slicer that enables user to change how data is sliced in a single localized drop-down/slicer. Additionally, toggling between similar views is not possible and requires duplicate reports to be created (e.g. Upcoming vs Overdue Renewals could be one report with a toggle instead of two separate reports that take up real estate)