Creating a Recycle Bin to easily obtain Account records deleted en masse

Related products: CS Data Management & Integrations

Hello! 

Recently, my org had a request to delete some accounts in relation to one of our teams that work out of Gainsight directly. We had too many accounts living in Gainsight, so we created a filter that we thought would work in deleting the appropriate accounts. 

Sadly, we had several accounts get deleted that should not have gotten deleted. The deletion was permanent, so I opened a Gainsight Support ticket (Retrieving lost records for CTAs, Timeline Entries, etc... that were deleted with account deletion – Gainsight (zendesk.com)) in hopes of getting some assistance in retrieving those deleted records, along with the important data that lived within those deleted records. 

Gainsight Support has worked with me on this, and we have been successful in retrieving some of the lost data, but not all of the data. This has put a significant strain on the team in which those accounts belonged to. 

I am wondering if there might be a way to input some sort of “Recycling Bin” feature within Gainsight for accounts. So, when things like this happen, there is an easy way to retrieve the lost data from that Recycling Bin feature. The Recycling Bin could hold onto records for maybe 30 days, and then the accounts would get deleted permanently if those records have not been pulled out of the Recycling Bin within those 30 days. 

I think that this would be an excellent program feature that would benefit all Gainsight users, so this type of situation wouldn’t happen to others. 

Be the first to reply!